Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Action 7: 4th of July

I'm glad your here!

I am excited about the 4th of July.
The birthday of our Nation!
Birthdays are a time to reflect on how far we have come and where we hope to go.

I am starting with a political speech to provide a bit of perspective.

I happen to think it's funny.  
Don't worry, if you don't.
Dear people of America …. On this glorious day ….. JUSTICE, Freedom and apple-pie!  … rescued kittens …. and my loyal folks of Idaho  blame blame …. BlameVote for me.  I GIVE YOU LIBERTY!”

“clap, clap, clap”


I happen to think that's funny ...
..... 'cause it says all the things I DON’T want to hear and puts it on a podium.
I DON'T want to hear a silly pep-rally of 'feel good words', mixed with a heavy dose of blame.
Yet, the real question is not what I DON’T want.
The real question is what DO I want?

What do I need to keep caring?
What do I need to keep standing up?
What do I need to keep speaking up?
Without doubt it comes to one

single

powerful

word


HOPE


I need hope that we are moving forward   … step by little step.


And on this birthday of our nation, I will say, ‘Yes, we are’ …. even though at times I feel like I will explode with impatience.

I say, ‘Yes, we are!’

After all,
Little, by little, by little, BIG things get done.


It’s the ‘little’ that get us there.


And that is exactly where you and I are at


Happy 4th of July!

Yours truly, Bena

Peep and the Parade    by Bena
_________________________________________________________________________________







1 comment:

D. Lazar said...

Bena, I look forward to receiving Peep and the Parade - thank you for your willingness to share your ideas. happy 4th, with hope for the future, deborah