Monday, July 30, 2012

Action 14: Another Dummy Book

So glad you are here!
I love bookstores.
Recently I stumbled on the isle with all those ‘Dummy Books.’
Here are some that I remember,
Remodeling your Bathroom for Dummies …. It’s about time!
Auto Repair for Dummies …. Hmmm … maybe.
Fashion for Dummies  …. Is that a hint?
Solar Power for Dummies …. Great Idea! 
Religion and Inspiration for DummiesTHAT should be interesting!

I have decided to write my own 'How to book for Dummies.'
Here it is:


How to Change the World
for dummies (like me)

by me


The average dummy book has about 368 pages.
Mine will be a bit shorter.
I’ll stick with two words.
‘SHOP wisely.

The end!


This is what I learned, while writing my book:

If I want fresh air and clean water and healthy land, I need to shop smaller cars, smaller homes and smaller toys.

If I want my money to go so schools and roads and libraries, I need to shop ‘Made in America’.

If I want to continue to baby my dog, because I just LOOOOOVE animals, I need to stop buying tortured pigs from supermarkets …. (who happen to be a lot smarter than my dog!)

If I want wonderful little stores that make me want to hug a stranger, then I need to start my Christmas shopping THERE today! 

Which brings me to the best part of my entire book:

The official, new and improved, NUMBER ONE excuse for going shopping!



Change the World.
Go SHOPPING!

Yours truly,  Bena

By the way, I need to reduce my blog from twice a week to once a week.  Juggling life AND a blog is turning out more complex than anticipated.

Oh, one more thing.  I’d love to know what you have decided to shop lately to 'Change the World.'  No pressure …. just an invitation to press that ‘Links to this blog’ button  .... By the way, showing off is ENTIRELY welcome!


Peep and the Parade  by Bena
____________________________________________________________

Just doing my part ….. wisely (more often).
___________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very true, Bena, I will change my habbits, at least I want to. Please send a reminder once in a while.
Anita