Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Action 12: It's time

Welcome
I am back home.
I just returned from visiting family and friends in the Midwest.

Great people.
Amazing cornfields.
Wide open horizon.

What an incredible country we live in.

While traveling along hundreds of miles of highway, I encountered two bumper stickers.
The first read,
‘Obama 2012’
I smiled.

The second read,
‘Obama You Lie’
I stared at that bumper sticker with mounting irritation.

Finally, I switched my turn signal, pushed the gas pedal, and passed THAT bumper sticker!

Out of sight, out of mind….

…. or so I pretended.

The fact is, 
my rear view mirror has never been in such heavy use.
When THAT bumper sticker got closer, I accelerated.
When THAT bumper sticker tried to pass, I hit the gas.

I ignored the breathtaking beauty of the road ahead.
I ignored amazing cloud formations spread above.
I ignored my favorite songs, my hopes, my dreams and my joys.


I was so UTTERLY determined to avoid that bumper sticker,  
it occupied my full attention for an entire hour!

Finally, sanity returned.

I realized I have limited time and energy.
I reminded myself that I need to make a choice.
Either I can fight against what I DISLIKE,
or I can fight for what I LIKE.

The fact is, I REALLY like Obama.

In all my life, I have never stuck a bumper sticker on my car.
EVER!
It is time.

Obama 2012!


Yours truly, Bena


Peep and the Parade    by Bena
_________________________________________________________________________________




just another whisper ....

___________________________________________

No comments: