Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Action 15: Try the impossible

Welcome!
Today I am going to do something slightly insane. 
I am going to invite a Republican and a Democrat to the very same political parade.

WISH ME LUCK!

Here I go ....
Me:      Hi Pete, let me introduce you to Jack.  Jack is a Republican.
Me:      Jack, let me introduce you to Pete.  Pete's a Democrat.

(silence …… more silence….. hmmmm….)

Me:      Jack, guess what!  Pete likes baseball, like you!               
Me:      PETE, DID YOU HEAR?  Jack LOVES baseball!

(silence ..... more silence ...... hmmmm ....)

Me:   JACK, Pete bought a sit down mower, just like YOU!
Me:   PETE, Jack has a sit down mower with the same COLOR!

Jack:    Gotta go ......                                               
Pete:    Gotta go ......

Me:  OK.  Stop right THERE….
…. before you go, I’ve got to say ONE thing.

As long as you fight, you lose!
Both of you will have fewer jobs, fewer homes, fewer choices, less money, less security, fewer privileges, fewer obtainable dreams, less power and less democracy.

As long as you fight, THEY win.
They will have more mansions, more jets, more millions, more security, more privilege, more power …. and they will not give a crap about the death of  democracy.

THIS fight is NOT between regular people like you and I, 
who happen to be Democrats and Republicans. 
THIS fight is between those with massive wealth, power and privilege
and those without.

You guys are NOT stupid!

Let’s WIN for a change.


OK.  I’m done.



You can leave.


(silence)



(more silence)




Jack:    Baseball, hugh?                                                                     
Pete:    Since Little League.
Jack:    Same here.
Pete:    How’s that mower working out for you?
Jack:    Gets the job done…
Pete:    Yeah, in no time.
Jack:    Notice that pot hole on Main?
Pete:    That pot hole's INSANE!  
Jack:    Something’s GOT to be done about that ….                                      
Pete:    EXACTLY!
Jack:    ….over a steak on the grill …
Pete:    …at my house...
Jack:    ….next time mine…
Pete:   … with the wives …
Jack:  … and kids …


The end.

OK, so you ask,  "What's the point?'
The point is:

How about we try something pretty much impossible, 
just 'cause there is absolutely no other way!


Yours truly, Bena

Peep and the Parade    by Bena
_________________________________________________________________________________

Try the impossible    ....   sometimes it works!
___________________________________________

                                         

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you didn't get a comment yet, I am the first, good! Bena, I will try it out, I have both sides in my near neighborhood. Wish me luck! we are entering the last stretch to get informed about who to choose. I think I know to whom I will give my vote, but I don't know if my neighbors will vote. They are sooooo disgusted about it all. I agree with you, ALL, EVERYBODY has to vote, it's important.
Keep going Bena, we all need you to remind us.

Louise said...

I really appreciate your Peep Perspectives, Bena.

I can see that you put an enormous effort into each action! without a lot of visible return. But take heart!

I know for myself your efforts are being used for "percolating! " and coffee comes out eventually! :-)

Sincerely,
Louise