Thursday, June 21, 2012

Action 4: Meet them ALL

Welcome!
Today I am going to take the names out of politics.
For a moment, let's forget Obama, Romney, Reid, Cantor, Bernanke .... and the rest of them.
I am often too caught up in details to see the whole picture.
It's like focusing on a single tree, and forgetting to see the forest, or like listening to a single instrument and not hearing the band.  I forget there are drums and guitars and flutes and banjos. I forget that it takes ALL these parts to create that single amazing sound. 


Today I will look at all the different PARTS that make up American politics.  In the next blog, I will take these PARTS and pull them together into what I consider to be our own amazingly American band.


Please welcome (my) TOP TEN American players.


Since I consider myself a Grumbler, let's begin with him.  
He is on the far right, with his head in the shadows.  


Now try to locate the Escapist. Look for a Peep in her own little rosy world.
Find her?
That's me again!  (Listen, who said I was going to make this easy on myself.)   


OK, now try to find the Rebel.
How about the Hired-Hand?
Now try to find the Elite.
Good Job.
Now I'll give you usable definitions for all (my) TOP TEN.


1. The Rebels  ... thrive on mind-boggling chaos.  Against all odds, they are changing the trajectory of our future. 
2. The Grumblers  ... grumble about the state of our Union, but rarely lift a finger to change a thing. (Yup, that's me.)
 3. The Hopeless ... live in endless distraction of web, text, tube and food, far too busy to stop and scream.  (Me again.) 
 4. The Advocates ... rally in courageous stubbornness against powers much greater then themselves.... often with stunning results.  
5. The Self-Righteous  ... are the martyrs of a singular moral cause.  They live lives superior to all others.
6. The Cruisers  ... live in purposeful oblivion.  After all, they benefit mightily from the windfall of the mega rich.
7. The Hired-Hands  ... are the shields and foot-soldiers of the financial Elite.  They are rewarded with massive donations for their political campaigns and business contracts.

(The next three players are within the One Percent.) 
8. The Elite  ... feel fully entitled to their massive wealth, power and privilege.  Curse on all who challenge their grand mansions, private jets and exclusive toys.
9. The Philanthropists  ... like to give in their own sweet time, on their own sweet terms, to their own sweet causes, preferably with a big plaque in the front lobby. 
10. The Challengers  ... live by the motto 'spread the money around or it'll kill us.' (Which, without doubt, it will.)


"So!" you may say.  "The Peeps are cute and the idea is a bit unique, but how is THAT supposed to help fix the mess?"
Good Question!  
How about ....

Before I move forward, 
I must first look at where I'm AT.


In my next blog I will take (my) Top Ten and pull them together 
into my own amazingly American sound.
Maybe, yours sounds a bit like mine.
What do you think?

Yours truly,  Bena
I’ll blog again on Tuesday.
Have a great weekend and share Peep with a friend.

Peep and the Parade    by Bena
______________________________________________________________________________________________


The Top Ten .................... never a dull moment.
_________________________________________________

1 comment:

Sue said...

Bena,

I love the way you write, and I'm intrigued by your ideas! I am looking forward to your next post.

Sue (I am a friend of Maureen's and she told me about your blog. I'm glad I subscribed!)