Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Action 2: Start to Rock

Welcome!
I am so glad you are here!
In my last blog I confessed that when it comes to politics I am a Grumbler. Only recently did I realize with mounting horror that, I, Peep 312,780,966 of the American population, should maybe, possibly, oh please don't let it be true.... pitch in and help out just a bit.
That's the OLD news.
Now comes the NEW stuff.
I look around and realize I AM NOT ALONE!
There are a TON of Grumblers out there, just like me.
I must say, there is such relief in numbers!
Not that this solves ANYTHING.
In fact, it makes this whole situation even more precarious.
BUT
for all of you Grumblers,
rest assured, you are NOT alone,
and for what it’s worth,
that may feel good.

In case you have come to the realization, that you too should maybe, possibly, oh please don't let it be true.... pitch in and help out just a bit,  “What do we DO?”

What if sleeping in tents and holding cardboard signs, just isn’t our thing?
What if sipping tea at tea-parties, just doesn’t quite cut it?
What if sitting on a political action committees is more than we can bear?

In sum, how can we engage in change WITHOUT ALL THAT HASSEL?

I would hereby like to suggest:
The Guide to a Cushy Revolution

We’ll get started in the next blog.
Until then, dear Grumblers of America, UNITE!

Yours truly,  Bena
I'll blog again on Monday.
(Oh, by the way, if you happen to be one of those people with friends, especially grumbly friends, send out an invitation.)
  
Peep and the Parade    by Bena
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Alone we peep ............... Together we ROCK!
_____________________________________________

1 comment:

sane said...

I'd like to introduce myself - another Grumbler.
I just read this opinion article and many of it's comments. Fascinating!
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/opinion/carville-middle-class/index.html?hpt=hp_c1