Sunday, June 10, 2012

Action 1: Meet a Peep

I will begin with a confession.
I am a Grumbler and an Escapist.
I keep up with world politics (sort of), cast my vote every few years, grumble about the insanity of politicians, then escape into yet another great novel - preferably with a box of chocolates at my side.  This little routine worked perfectly fine for many years.

Then things changed.

I realized with utter surprise that the man I voted for President of the United States, regardless of his incredible skills and amazing vision, can't possibly fix it all alone.  I realized it takes more than a single man to change a nation. In utter dismay, I had to face the fact, that it takes a nation to change a nation.

That means you and me and 312,780,966+ people more ... mostly peeps.

'So!', I said.  "Where do I begin?"
The first sixteen times I asked this question, I ran for my novel ... and, yes, of course the chocolates. The seventeenths time I took a looooong, deep breath and began to think and write and write some more.  I stuck all my peep ideas under my bed.  In the meantime, I have half a city of peeps screaming their little heads off wanting to be heard.
I need my sleep.
It is time to give them a voice.

I hereby welcome you to ....

… Join Peep and the Parade
to drown out the ROAR of money.

Yours truly, Bena
I'll blog again on Thursday.
By the way, tell your friends there is a new parade in town.  They may want to check it out.

Peep and the Parade    by Bena
______________________________________________________________________________________________
All Peeps welcome ….......... no skills necessary.
_________________________________________________




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to march with you and become one of the peeps, teach me and others, may be, just may be, we can start a revolution. Keep going! Cooper