Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Action 17: Another confession

Hi there,
OK. 
I have to make another confession. 

In case you should be washing your dishes
or walking your dog, 
you may want to do that 
right now …… 

....... what I mean is, if you don’t want to read this confession, 
you certainly don’t HAVE to. 
There are plenty of other things to do.

(pause)

For those of you who decided to stick around, 
here is my confession.

I haven’t donated a single cent to the Obama campaign yet.

Too small to read?

I haven’t donated a single cent 
to the Obama campaign yet.

No, I am not kidding. 

I, who have been tooting my horn about the importance of supporting Obama, 
haven't even done THAT!

Before you judge me too harshly, let me say this in my defense.

I desperately want to believe in our Democracy.
I want to believe, what counts is the voice of PEOPLE, not the voice of money.
I want to believe, that my voice counts just as much as someone who can pump millions
into these crazy campaigns.

The fact is, when it comes to the millions, they win.
Flat out … I can’t compete.

But, I’ve changed my mind about writing a check.

I’ve changed my mind, because I’ve learned something from writing this blog.

I’ve learned that writing this blog can be darn hard and often a bit lonely.
I’ve learned that there are days I feel that mountain is just too big.
I’ve learned that sometimes it feels like all my sweat and tears end up in some great big dark void.

And THEN when one of you says, ‘Hey, you make sense,’
When another says, ‘I’ll share your ideas with a friend,’
When another says, ‘I’ll risk my butt as well,’
THEN …
THEN  I am EXCITED to write my next blog, to forge ahead, to try even harder.

And THAT is why I am sending Obama a check.

With my check I want to say, 

'Dear President Obama, 
I know your work is darn hard and often lonely.
Sometimes it may seem like that mountain is just too big.
It may feel like all your sweat and tears end up in some great big dark void.

BUT, PLEASE KNOW

Hey, you make sense.
I’ll share your ideas with a friend.
I’ll risk my butt as well.’

Yours truly,  Bena


Peep and the Parade    by Bena

______________________________________________________________


A little check …. A BIG message!
____________________________________


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such clever words to express your ideas. I often wonder why I don't come up with these thoughts. We need more people to inspire us. Thanks!

D. Lazar said...

This weeks blog is something I have been debating myself - that is democracy and peoples voice vs. money. Well said Bena and Anonymus!

Ann Marie said...

Dear Bena, you are just great, I got goose bumps up my arms, when I read your confession. You deserve a check too, I would like to send you one and Obama as well. Let's keep up the good fight for a better humanity.

I will tell my friends again and wish so badly, that 100000 of people would read you blog.
Please keep going - Ann Marie