Monday, August 13, 2012

Action 16: Get Ready


So Glad You are Here!

In honor of Mitt Romney’s running mate, Paul Ryan
I will do the following:

 Grab a Dictionary

I am interested in three important words:  
trickle, down, theory

According to my dusty Webster Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary, I learned the following:

TICKLE
  • to move little by little
  • to flow in a thin stream 
DOWN  
  • toward a lower or worse condition
  • defeat, descend, depression 
THEORY
  • a hypothesis
  • a speculation based on unproven assumptions 

When I combine all three words, I arrive at the following:

TRICKLE DOWN THEORY
A slow movement - little by little - which descends to a lower and worse condition towards a depression, based on speculation and unproven assumptions.

Such Words of Wisdom!

The inventors of the Tickle Down Theory certainly spoke no lie.

  
Since, I don’t like to criticize without making a suggestion for improvement,
I propose the following:

MOVING UP FACT

Once again my dusty Webster Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary proves invaluable.

MOVING
  • to proceed into a certain direction or condition
  • to take action
 UP
  • rise above
  • move into a higher position
 FACT
  • an actual occurrence
  • an objective reality
When I combine all three words, I arrive at the following:
  
MOVING UP FACT
An actual occurrence of taking action to proceed into a higher position.

In other words, Moving Up Fact implies that we take action, to allow regular people to move up through solid wages, health insurance, guaranteed social security and affordable education to benefit our nation as a whole.

I would like to add, for the reassurance of the mega rich: When Moving Up Fact has been accomplished, you are certainly welcome to your sixth mansion, your tenth jet and another really fancy toy.  After all, THIS IS AMERICA!

OK?

By the way, congratulations Paul Ryan!
May the race begin.

Yours truly,   Bena

 Peep and the Parade by Bena
______________________________________________________________

 Rock on …. MOVING UP FACT! 
_____________________________________

1 comment:

Louise said...

Amen, Sister! I wish Rachel would see this!

Louise