Monday, October 15, 2012

Action 25: Forward

Welcome!
I have a friend who says, “I’m not voting!”
She says, “In 2008 I voted for CHANGE.  CHANGE didn’t happen.  I quit.  I am not voting.”

Once again, it takes me a few days to figure things out. 

In my opinion, there are two kinds of change.
The first, I’ll call Switch Change.  The other, I’ll call Vision Change.

Switch Change looks a bit like this:


The best indication of Switch Change is a sore neck from whip-lash.

Up-Down
Right-Left
Front-Back

In many ways our society loves Switch Change
It gives us quick results.  (Think crash diet.)
AND
It is highly entertaining.  (UpDownRightLeftFrontBack)

There is just one problem with Switch Change.  
It doesn’t work.
The fat comes back …. The whip-lash hurts.

Since Switch Change doesn't cut it, how about Vision Change.

Unlike, Switch Change, Vision Change can be boring and so very, very slow.
For people like me, who barely have an ounce of patience, Vision Change can drive me nuts.

And yet,
if I want change,
TRUE CHANGE,
it’s all about VISION.

Think of an ocean liner …. thousands of tons …. moving over the immense ocean.
Let’s say we are standing at the railing looking out.
Blue and blue and blue and blue and …..




The ocean liner adjusts its course by a few degrees.
We feel nothing.
A month later …. still nothing.
A year later  ….  barely an inch.
Four years later …. just a foot.

And yet, what started small, with time, becomes OH SO BIG.



Change by vision is gradual, and steady, and slow….
And oh so boring….

UNTIL…
we look back
and say,

WOW!

CHANGE HAPPENED!


Yours truly, Bena



Peep and the Parade by Bena
______________________________________________________________


Four more years of CHANGE … with vision!
_____________________________________


1 comment:

Louise said...

BRILLIANT, BENA !!!!!!

I am going to try to get your blog in the hands of the Obama campaign. I think it would be helpful to them.

Louise